Radon

Radon is a cancer-causing natural radioactive gas that you can't see, smell or taste. Its' presence in a home can pose a danger to your family's health. Radon is the leading cause of lung cancer among non-smokers and is the second leading cause of lung cancer in America.

Unfortunately, the entire Hudson Valley is in the "Red Zone" regarding radon levels (see EPA Map of Radon Zones below). The U.S. Surgeon General and the EPA recommend that all homes be tested for radon.

For a small additional fee, we will test your home for elevated radon levels, provide you with a full certified lab report and explain our findings to make sure you are clear and confident about the condition of your home.

 

 


2009 The Home Inspection Company - all rights reserved